Information on Veganism, Animal Agriculture, Etc.
- Vegan Shopping guide (from Sunberry Baking & Friendly City Food Co-op)
- Shenandoah Valley Vegans: http://www.meetup.com/Shenandoah-Valley-Vegans/
- Action for Animals: http://afa-online.org
- Humane Myth: HumaneMyth.org
- Tribe of Heart: http://www.tribeofheart.org/
- Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine: http://www.pcrm.org/
- Food and Agriculture Organization, Livestock’s Long Shadow: http://www.fao.org/docrep/010/a0701e/a0701e00.HTM.
- Jonathan Safran Foer, Eating Animals: http://www.amazon.com/Eating-Animals-Jonathan-Safran-Foer/dp/0316069884/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334625933&sr=8-1.
- Humane Society of the United States, Farm Animal Protection documents: http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/campaigns/factory_farming/.
- Farm Sanctuary, Factory Farming documents: http://farmsanctuary.org/issues/factoryfarming/.
- James E. McWilliams, “The Myth of Sustainable Meat”: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/13/opinion/the-myth-of-sustainable-meat.html?ref=opinion.
- Frontier Natural Products Co-op: Sells organic and fair trade spices, baking ingredients, and many other products, and is cooperatively owned.
- Wholesome Sweeteners: Sells organic and fair trade sweeteners in bulk, including cane sugars, coconut sugar, and agave.
- Eden Foods: Sells a wide variety of organic products, including flours, oils, vinegars, sweeteners, and more.
- Equal Exchange: Sells a variety of organic and fair-trade products, and is cooperative owned.
- McGeary Organics: Sells a variety of organic grains and feeds, including bulk organic flours.
- Mama Ganache: Sells organic & fair-trade artisan chocolates.
- Greenline Paper Company: Sells recycled plastic and paper packaging products.